Grown-up: What’s your favorite food?
Grown-up: What’s your least favorite food?
Child: Brussels sprouts. (or insert some sort of green veggie here)
Heard that conversation?
I was once that child. I hated brussels sprouts. Or so I thought. Until, this recipe entered my life. This is so simple and absolutely delicious.
You will need: Brussels sprouts, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, foil, and a cookie sheet or any baking dish.
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash your brussels sprouts.
3. Cut of the ends. Allow any bad looking leaves to fall off.
4. Toss the sprouts in PLENTY of olive oil.
5. Coat with salt. Seriously. Don’t be afraid.
6. Pepper to taste.
7. Bake for 40 minutes.
Note: Yes, your sprouts will be very dark and crunchy on the outside. But they will be green and soft on the inside.
Enjoy! And Happy Happy Happy Friday!